History

Peter Francis - The Auctioneers in Wales

Having existed for close to 100 years the original business was sold in its entirety in 1989 to a large British Institution. Within 3 years of this sale the auction business was acquired back by a partnership led by Captain Peter Francis, a third generation member of the founding family. This firm was incorporated in 2007.

Antiques Sales were held in the Curiosity Salerooms in King Street Carmarthen from the early 1970’s, with General Sales taking place in various village halls over the years and most recently in Pensarn. In 2009 the business relocated to the Towyside Salerooms in Old Station Road. These premises extend to over 8000 square feet and have been converted into a modern saleroom facility incorporating offices, large sales floor, storage, cataloguing and processing areas.  Some 6,000 square feet of first floor offices, presently available for rental but providing room for expansion in the future, together with two training or conference rooms, will be used by the Company and are also available for daily rental.  All sales, valuation days and office facilities are now available at the venue of Peter Francis Auctioneers.

As a company, Peter Francis Auctioneers also have a regional representative in Cardiff which deals with valuations and consignments from East Wales, Cardiff, The Valleys and the Vale of Glamorgan. Regular van services are part of this operation, transporting lots from these areas to the salerooms in Carmarthen.

 

A Late 19th Century Chinese Porcelain Charger or Large Dish,

together with fitted hardwood display stand

sold for £1,000, March 2010

 

 

 

 

Peter Francis
Towyside Salerooms, Old Station Road, Carmarthen, SA31 1JN
Tel: +44 (0)1267 233456   Email: enquiries@peterfrancis.co.uk

Designed and constructed by ATG Media
NAVA - The National Association of Valuers and Auctioneers
Society of Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers